Insurance and Insurance Intermediation Law
For over ten years the firm has been advising Italian and foreign insurance companies and intermediaries operating in Italy through a permanent establishment or under freedom of services.
We also advise our clients on distance offering of insurance services, whether by telephone or internet.
We advise our clients on the relationship with their retail customers and other insurance providers.
We represent insurance companies before the Italian regulatory authority.
Our insurance practice includes the following:
- Drafting of pre-contractual and contractual documentation related to the offering of insurance products, with specific focus on the information requirements in respect to consumers;
- Drafting of distribution agreements between companies and intermediaries and between intermediaries;
- Drafting of co-insurance and re-insurance agreements;
- Drafting of outsourcing agreements concerning activities pertaining to insurance companies, including the so called “critical and important activities”;
- Structuring and distribution of specific insurance products (e.g. insurance products for the protection of credit – personal protection insurance – insurance policies offering post-sale warranty);
- Assistance in the participation in market surveys promoted by IVASS (Insurance Supervisory Authority) and advice and support in connection with surveys or audits conducted by IVASS.
The firm was involved in the public consultations concerning the main regulations issued by IVASS in 2006 and is in continuous dialogue with IVASS.
The firm is the winner of the 2014 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award and declared ‘Insurance Intermediation Law Firm of the Year in Italy’.